[Exim] can't get "create_directory" to work

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Jeremy C. Reed
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] can't get "create_directory" to work
I can not get create_directory to work.

Can someone explain how it should be used. (I read the spec for 2.0x and
3.0 about it.)

I am delivering mail to /var/spool/virtual/poptest.reedmedia.net/somename

with the transport:

virtual_localdelivery:
driver = appendfile
create_directory = true
directory_mode = 700
file = /var/spool/virtual/${domain}/${local_part}
user = mail
group = mail
mode = 660

and the director:

virtual_localuser:
driver = aliasfile
transport = virtual_localdelivery
domains = lsearch;/etc/virtual/domains
file = /etc/virtual/$domain/passwd
search_type = lsearch
no_more

This works perfect if I already create the folder and chown it mail.mail

The error message I receive if I don't previously make and chown the
folder:

1999-10-02 23:01:48 11XeiS-0001Qj-00 == somename@???
T=virtual_localdelivery defer (2): No such file or directory: creating
lock file hitching post
/var/spool/virtual/poptest.reedmedia.net/somename.lock.jcr2.iwbc.net.37f6f14c.0000157f

(If I understand the specification, it says that the locking is done
before it is delivered -- just like the error message indicates.)

How can I get exim to create the folder for me?

jcr2:/home/jcr# sendmail -bV
Exim version 2.05 #1 built 20-Jul-1999 15:32:45
Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 1998

(I am using Debian Slink and I did an "apt-get install exim")

Thanks

Jeremy C. Reed
(ps. I do have a working pop daemon that uses alternative passwd files and
uses this mailbox structure. It is a patch to the gnu-pop3d. I am still
testing it, but it seems to work great with Phoenix mail, Acorn mail,
Outlook Express BUT NOT Netscape Messenger.)