[Exim] Strange idea...

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Mike Richardson
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Strange idea...
Hi,

I'm considering writing mailing list/bulk mailer type software (legit
use only I hasten to add) and want to integrate it as closely to exim
as possible. I envision a database backend which stores everything,
similar to mailman, including, I hope, log output from exim.

I've nothing against log files but given that I may have to write
some complex reports on the performance of the system I'd quite
like to be able to log directly to a database. I know that exim has
mysql hooks, and I'm using them at the moment to do alias lookups.

In theory it looks like you could use this hook to insert data into
a database as well as retrieve it. The variety of expansion variables
also means that I can log something already but I'd quite like to all
the information can be logged available as variables.

Is anyone currently doing anything like this?

My plan involves abolishing the use of data files completely. All of
it would be done with scripts and a database.

Thanks.

Mike

(Plug for Philip: the course was great - I recommend it to anyone and not
just for the food.)
Copyright 1998 Mike Richardson, Rm G100D, Manchester Computing
University of Manchester, M13 9PL. doctor@???, 0161 275-6009
"If I want your opinion, I'll beat it out of you!" - Chuck Norris
"If anything happens to my daughter I have a 45 and shovel" Clueless