[Exim] Problems connecting to exim servers

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: F.F. Jacot-Guillarmod
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Problems connecting to exim servers
Hi,

I've been getting reports of difficulties in delivering mail to our
servers, the bounce/reject messages looking something like this:

----- The following addresses had transient non-fatal errors -----
<jacot@???>

451 <jacot@???>... reply: read error from terrapin.ru.ac.za.
451 <jacot@???>... reply: read error from buffalo.ru.ac.za.
451 <jacot@???>... reply: read error from mail.uninet.ru.ac.za.
<jacot@???>... Deferred: Connection reset by mail.uninet.ru.ac.za.
Warning: message still undelivered after 8 hours
Will keep trying until message is 2 days old

------_=_NextPart_000_01BF0B1D.07441E08

Reporting-MTA: dns; hoemlsrv.firewall.lucent.com
Arrival-Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 09:29:03 -0400 (EDT)

All the above local systems are running exim-3.03.

This particular originating site is not in any of our reject lists, and
is not in an RBL. I have gone through all our logs with a fine tooth
comb, but see no evidence of connect attempts.

Does anybody know what might be happening or why? We're still receiving
plenty of mail from other sites, but consistent failures from this one
and perhaps others. I'm pretty sure it's a remote configuration problem
but have no idea what to advise them to look at.

Requests to the hypothetically alive postmaster@??? to check things
on their side are, shall we say, somewhat asymmetric :-(

Thanks,
Jacot
--
F.F. Jacot Guillarmod - Information Technology - Rhodes University - Grahamstown
    Internet: Jacot@???  Phone: +27 46 603 8284  Fax: +27 46 622 7764