Re: [Exim] LDAP sizelimits

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Stuart Lynne
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] LDAP sizelimits
In article <Pine.SOL.3.96.990929160024.2922U-100000@???>,
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:
>On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, Paul Makepeace wrote:
>
>> Is there some way of setting the maximum number of results returned from an
>> LDAP lookup?
>
>... thereby starting a thread about auxiliary information related to
>LDAP queries. The information in question is username, password, size
>limit, and time limit. I have now been digging around in the LDAP API
>and I know how to do this (I believe). Adrian Bool suggested including
>user/password in the URL in the form
>
> ldap://user:password@host:port/...rest of URL...
>
>because that is similar to other usage. I've decided against this
>because (a) it means you have to munge the URL before passing it to
>LDAP's URL-search function and (b) it doesn't allow for a time limit or
>size limit. What I have decided to do is to add information on the front
>of the URL. Exim knows it is dealing with an LDAP lookup, so it can
>easily strip this off. My proposed syntax is
>
> User=xxx Pass=xxx Time=xxx Size=xxx ldap://.....rest of URL...
>
>where any of the data items is optional. In other words, the URL (which
>is recognized by the fact it starts with "ldap://" can be preceded by
>any number of these information settings.
>
>Does this seem a good way to go?

Yes. The primary reason for using an LDAP URL is that there is a proposed
standard for them. So for better or worse we don't want to promulgate
solutions that violate the standard.

But your solution keeps the extra information separate insofar as you can
separate the URL out in one piece.

--
Stuart Lynne <sl@???>                __O
<http://edge.fireplug.net>                  _-\<,_               604-461-7532