RE: [Exim] Virtual Domains (now with mysql)

Author: Jonathan Gilpin
To: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: RE: [Exim] Virtual Domains (now with mysql)
Philip Hazel Wrote:

"is. Check out the *@ option of single key lookup types in section 6.1 of
the 3.00 manual, and also include_domain and qualify_preserve_domain in
the aliasfile director (section 21.7)."

Can I do this in Mysql? For example:

mysql_system_aliases:
driver = aliasfile
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
search_type = mysql
query = "select destination from user where
emailaddress='$local_part@$domain'"

Using this method the field "emailaddress" must have the exact matching
field. I would
like to get exim to re-query with:

query = "select destination from vitals where emailaddress='*@$domain'"

if the first query fails. Something like "search_type = mysql*@" perhaps?

On final comment is that I would like to get exim to query the mysql
database to get its
list of local_domains. Is this possible? If it is then It means you would
not need a passwd file
on the system at all. As pop3 and imap clients can be configured to use
mysql too.

I guess I need to look at the use of regular expressions in exim so I will
do that next...

As a side note initially I had three fields in Mysql for the email address
being sent to.

value    subdomain  domain
jonathan test       nildram.co.uk

for
jonathan@???

I wanted to do something like:

query = "select destination from user where value='$local_part' and
subdomain='$subdomain' and domain='$domain'"

can I use a regular expression to split this up?

Jonathan