Re: [Exim] load avg + deliver delay?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Stephen Reeves
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] load avg + deliver delay?
On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Stephen Reeves wrote:

> I have come across a situation where exim tried to deliver to a host that
> had a load avg above the threshold set which is "deliver_load_max = 28".

I don't understand. Do you mean "from a host" rather than "to a host"?
That option shouldn't affect message reception.

> The second attempt to deliver that message didn't take place until 7 hours
> later. The retry rule is this:
>
> F,5h,15m; F,16h,2h;     F,5d,8h

> I don't understand the delay. This says to try every 15 min for 5 hours.

For host errors it says try the *host* every 15 minutes for 5 hours. If
the host was tried in an earlier message, it won't try your message
until the host's retry time arrives. See section 42.2 of the 3.00 manual
for a discussion of all this.