Re: [Exim] exim takes a long time to respond when connecting…

Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
A: exim-users
CC: eduardo
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] exim takes a long time to respond when connecting to port 25
I missed the original, but

> > I have a machine running linux 2.0.36 with exim 2.05 and the connection
> > to port 25 takes a lot (about 30 seconds) until the connection opens and
> > the exim smtp banner shows up.

Are you connecting through a firewall that blackholes (instead of
refuses) ident requests? Look for rfc1413 in the exim documentation
to see how to turn off identd requests for certain hosts.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814