Re: [Exim] never_users = root if exim_user != root ?

Author: Peter Radcliffe
To: Exim
Subject: Re: [Exim] never_users = root if exim_user != root ?
Andromeda <andromeda@???> probably said:
> Now the question remains... is it a good thing to let it run as root for
> local delivery? How would one deliver mail to the root user (as the
> administrator of the machine)?

General unix admin rule, number 36; Do as little as root as possible
be it command line or programs.

root is an alias on all my systems. There are many different ways you
could deal with root's mail depending on where you want it to end up.
If you must have it in a different account from anything else, I'd
create a non-uid-0 account for it to be delivered to.

P.

--
pir               pir@???      pir@???      pir@???