Re: [Exim] LDAP sizelimits

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Paul Makepeace, Pete Naylor, Adrian J Bool, Graeme Fowler
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] LDAP sizelimits
On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, Paul Makepeace wrote:

> Is there some way of setting the maximum number of results returned from an
> LDAP lookup?

... thereby starting a thread about auxiliary information related to
LDAP queries. The information in question is username, password, size
limit, and time limit. I have now been digging around in the LDAP API
and I know how to do this (I believe). Adrian Bool suggested including
user/password in the URL in the form

ldap://user:password@host:port/...rest of URL...

because that is similar to other usage. I've decided against this
because (a) it means you have to munge the URL before passing it to
LDAP's URL-search function and (b) it doesn't allow for a time limit or
size limit. What I have decided to do is to add information on the front
of the URL. Exim knows it is dealing with an LDAP lookup, so it can
easily strip this off. My proposed syntax is

User=xxx Pass=xxx Time=xxx Size=xxx ldap://.....rest of URL...

where any of the data items is optional. In other words, the URL (which
is recognized by the fact it starts with "ldap://" can be preceded by
any number of these information settings.

Does this seem a good way to go?