Re: [Exim] Where is relayed mail queued?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
A: Jeremy C. Reed
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Where is relayed mail queued?
On Tue, Sep 28, 1999 at 12:25:42PM -0700,
Jeremy C. Reed <reed@???> is thought to have said:

> My machine is the secondary MX for another machine and I set it up to
> relay for it. Now this other machine is down.
>
> Where does exim place the queued mail? I tried doing a mailq but nothing
> showed. (I assume mailq is for local mail?)
>
> When I send an email to the downed machine, I don't receive any bounces so
> I assume that it is getting queued.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jeremy C. Reed

mailq is often a link on many systems to /usr/lib/sendmail which may or
not be exim on your system. I prefer doing 'exim -bp' or 'exim -bpu' to
see the state of the queue. As for where the queue lives, it depends on
how you built exim. Usually it's something like /var/exim or
/var/spool/exim.

I'd also encourage you to look at your log files to determine where your
mail is going rather than making an assumption that may be incorrect.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality