Re: [Exim] MIME message/rfc822 bounce messages (was: Ignorin…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Tomas Fasth
CC: Paul Makepeace, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] MIME message/rfc822 bounce messages (was: Ignoring bounce errors)
On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Tomas Fasth wrote:

> I see. What you don't like is "successful delivery" notifications. I
> agree. But the dislike of that particular use shouldn't really be a
> reason to avoid sending "failed delivery" notifications in DSN
> format.

I don't disagree with that. There is an item on the Wish List about the
format of bounce messages. Maybe one day I might even get to it! :-)

> Yes, I see your point. Ideally, when errors in user space address
> redirection (dot forward) occurs, the responsible user should be the
> one being notified, not the postmaster.

When the error is a syntax error, we have our system configured to send
a message to the owner of the .forward file, bypassing the .forward
file, for every incoming message.