Re: [Exim] CDB problem?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: John Horne
Para: Exim Users List
Asunto: Re: [Exim] CDB problem?
On 27-Sep-99 at 18:01:45 Jim Knoble wrote:
> For something that handles exim's aliases format and converts it
> properly through cdbmake, look at `aliases2cdbm' at:
>
> http://www.pobox.com/~jmknoble/software/index.html
>
> (Note that it's been a while since i updated the RPMs, so they're
> likely to be built for Red Hat 4.x).
>
> I'm not aware of general problems with aliases being omitted; my first
> choice to blame for any such problems would be the agent that generates
> the CDB files, or that provides input for cdbmake.

Thanks for this and I agree with your last statement. However, we already
automatically produce the input for cdbmake and run a small perl script to
actually invoke cdbmake and create the cdb file(s). Thinking about this
further I fail to see how exim could actually be involved in this since it
is in the file creation that the problem (I assume!) lies. Having said that
we haven't change cdb or perl at all, nor the procedure used to create the
files. The only changes have been upgrading exim to 3.03 and Solaris from
2.5.1 to 7. I guess if anything this latter would be the culprit if it was
doing something 'funny'. Didn't think of it yesterday. I'll see if the perl
is omitting any messages from cdbmake - don't think so since it just sends
any errors to the output. Very odd.

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK             Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: jhorne@???
Finger for PGP key: john@???