[Exim] SMTP host/client and IP Masqerading

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: tbrown
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] SMTP host/client and IP Masqerading
I've read through the documentation carefully, but I'm still confused
as to how to go about doing some things (if they're even possible.)
Some advice, or pointers on where to look would be very helpful.

I have a box (mojave) which serves as a gateway for a local network.
These are my goals for this gateway:

1) The box should act as a SMTP server.

2) The box should act as an SMTP client. I.e., mail destined for the
outside world (the internet) should contact our ISP's SMTP server.

3) The box should be capable of delivering both local mail and mail
destined for the outside world.

4) Any mail sent to the outside world should list the PPP account as
the sender, NOT the actually sender. For example, if I send a mail to
myself, in the From: header, I want to see ppp_acct@???, not
tbrown@???. Furthermore, this is neccessary for our
ISP's SMTP server to send mail.

So, my questions are, is it possible to act as both an SMTP server and
client? In other words, can I send a message to mojave via SMTP, and
have it take the message and send it to the outside world via our ISP's
SMTP server? If so, how do I go about doing this? Also, how do I make
the sender *always* be ppp_acct@??? for mail destined for the
outside world?

I apologize for the newbie questions...this is the first time I've set
up an MTA.

                    Sincerely,
                      Todd R. Brown