[Exim] CDB problem?

Author: John Horne
To: Exim Users List
Subject: [Exim] CDB problem?
Hello,

We have been using CDB (vers. 0.55) for our lookup files for sometime now
with no problems. We upgraded exim to 3.03 (from 3.02) a short while ago and
now occasionally we find entries being omitted from the CDB database file.
I'm not too sure what the problem is, but has anyone else had a problem with
CDB and exim 3.03?

We have had no problems before with exim and CDB at all (if anything it was
one of our better moves!). I shall attempt to rewrite the small program we
have to build the CDB files (using cdbmake) to see if I'm doing anything
funny in there, but no changes have occurred to the program since it was
first used (it doesn't do that much!) If we rebuild the CDB file(s) after
finding an omitted user then it seems to work okay - i.e. the entry gets
correctly added to the file.

Thanks for any help (if I haven't confused you!),

John.

PS
Many thanks to Philip for an excellent course!

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK             Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: jhorne@???
Finger for PGP key: john@???