Re: [Exim] smtp auth

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Gludovatz Gabor
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] smtp auth
On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Gludovatz Gabor wrote:

> I think smtp auth would be the
> best solution, so the users can authenticate theirselves by giving their
> username and password. I read the exim documentation but I didn't find
> anything.

SMTP AUTH is recently implemented in the development version of Exim.
You can find a copy of this version in the Testing subdirectory of the
Exim directory at the ftp site. Documentation of the new features is in
the doc/NewStuff directory. I want people to do as much testing of the
AUTH features as possible to that I can fix any problems (there is one
in the CRAM-MD5 mechanism that I am investigating).