[Exim] need help with smart host/satellite system

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jeremy C. Reed
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] need help with smart host/satellite system
I set up exim.conf to have all mail that is delivered for it to be
forwarded on to another mail server.

But I got a "Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender" message
with the following:

  reed@???:
    SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:
    <reed@???>:
    host reedmedia.net [209.241.86.6]:
    553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

This happened when I attempted to use "sendmail -t" to send to
reed@???.

The message makes me think that I am trying to use another server for my
mail (I want to use my own to send it).

I started the setup by using eximconfig (debian) and choosing #3
"Satellite system". Plus I changed:

- the aliases file so root would go to jcr NOT real-jcr (so it
wouldn't be locally delivered.)

- added relay_domains = lsearch;/etc/exim/accept-domains for allowing
secondary MX to queue here

- commented out the rewriting rules so that the email addresses wouldn't
be changed.

How can I make it so all mail addressed to my machine will be forwarded to
another machine, but the machine can still send out email and will spool
for my secondary MX?

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions,

  Jeremy C. Reed
                           http://www.WhatcomNews.com