Re: [Exim] vacation messages and FAQ Q0431

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Bruce Bowler
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] vacation messages and FAQ Q0431
Boy do I feel stupid....

At 02:30 PM 9/24/99 -0400, Bruce Bowler wrote:
>I read the subject FAQ and did what it says, verbatim (except that my
>vacation program in in /usr/bin so I used that instead of /usr/ucb).
>>vacation_pipe:
>> driver = pipe
>> command = "/usr/ucb/vacation \"$local_part\""

which is of course why I had ucb here instead of bin (sheepish grin)

>>vacation:
>> driver = localuser
>> require_files = .vacation.msg
>> transport = vacation_pipe
>> unseen

and why I didn't have a directory spec for where to look for .vacation.msg
(bigger sheepish grin)...

>Also, a comment on that particular FAQ. It' ends with the comment
>
>>An alternative is to use Exim's autoreply transport instead of piping to
>>/usr/ucb/vacation.
>
>It would be nice if that option were shown in detail in the FAQ

but that comment still stands...

Bruce Bowler                             207.633.9600 (voice)
Research Associate                       207.633.9641 (fax)
Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences    bbowler@???
West Boothbay Harbor ME  04575           http://www.bigelow.org/