Re: [Exim] asmtp questions

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul Kelly
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] asmtp questions
hi,
The problem with pegasus mail astmp and cram-md5 seems to be in the
length checking of the reply string the clients sends back to the servers
initial challenge.

expand_nlength[1] = clear - expand_nstring[1] - 1;
if (len - expand_nlength[1] - 1 != 32) return FAIL;

ok if you try using the login: ph10 len comes back from auth_b64decode()
as 38 characters, the code will deduct 4 for the ph10 username from 38 and
then minus 1.. i would presume this is to take account of the whitespace
between ph10 and the 32bit challenge response. so... 38 - 4 - 1 = 33 and
not 32. a strlen() on the clear pointer returns 37 characters.

Im not really sure, but i think the problem may be in b64decode.c not
decrementing one from the value it returns for the extra added 0 as stated
at the top of the file.?
changing:

return result - *ptr;

return result - *ptr-1;

seems to work ok and the client sends

Still havent had any luck getting outlook to work with AUTH LOGIN, maybe
if i mail Microsoft ;)

Thanks
Paul Kelly

Paul Kelly        pkelly@???