Re: [Exim] message_size_limit and error-messages

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
Para: Sven Callender
CC: Philip Hazel, Exim Users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] message_size_limit and error-messages
On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Sven Callender wrote:

> This should mean that I get every mail into the machine and
> onto the disk completly before it is processed further (and then
> when it is in the transport it gets rejected) [.|?]

Yes. I also misunderstood your situtation, and now that I see your reply
and PH's reply I reconize that. I didn't read your original posting
carefully enough to realize that the size limit is on the transport.

As you've seen from PH's reply there doesn't appear to be a direct way of
doing this. Here are some thoughts of nasty and indirect ways which might
or might not work.

  (1) What I mentioned originally.  Have a script look in the logs for
      things rejected due to size limits on that transport and generate
      mail that way.  That may be good enough for what is needed.

  (2) This is really speculative:  Have your transport for the size
      restricted domain pass things off to a second exim running with
      different configuration file.  Your main exim does all your routing
      and directing so your second exim only gets things really going to
      the size restricted domain.  On the second exim, use a system filter
      which makes use of autoresponders and $message_size.  The filter on
      this second exim could fail messages above a particular
      $message_size and generate a message to the recipients.

As they say, I good system makes the normal tasks easy and the unusal
tasks possible. I think exim succeeds at that.

-j
--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814