Re: [Exim] compiling ldap support (still...)

Author: Jim Knoble
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] compiling ldap support (still...)
IRIX-6.x is one of those 32-to-64-bit transitional architectures. When
compiling, you need to make sure that all your libraries and object
files are built with exactly one of the following compiler flags:

    -32
    -n32
    -64

Which one you choose depends somewhat on what MIPS sub-architecture
you're on. See the `cc' man page for more info.

You may need to tweak your library path (set with `-L' flags during the
link stage) to get the right system libraries.

Also, note this bit from Page 25 of the cc man page on our Irix-6.2
system at work:

    All SGI platforms support the development and execution of -n32
    applications, but the subsytems containing the appropriate
    libraries are not always installed by default.  During
    installation, you may have to select subsystems with names like
    product.sw32 for -n32 libraries.

--jim

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% jim knoble %%%%%%%% jmknoble@??? %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

På 1999-Sep-21 klokka 21:43:51 -0500 skrivet Todd Jagger:

: That was easy enough.  Now it looks like there's a conflict in the LIBS
: libraries.  Here's what it's showing:
:
: libident/libident.a pcre/libpcre.a directors/directors.a \
:            routers/routers.a transports/transports.a lookups/lookups.a \
:            -lelf     \
:            -L/usr/lib -llibldapssl30
: ld32: FATAL 12: Expecting n32 objects: /usr/lib/libelf.a(nlist.o) is o32.
:
: This is an IRIX 6.5 machine.  I'm betting there's a tweak I could put in
: the Makefile-IRIX65 file to make this work but I'm not smart enough to know
: what that would be.
:
: I'm sure there are a few folks out here who've been successfulling in
: building Exim w/ ldap support on IRIX 6.5.  Any suggestions?