RE: [Exim] Canonicalizing Addresses

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Bernard Stern
Para: John Lawless
CC: Exim List
Asunto: RE: [Exim] Canonicalizing Addresses
On Thu, 16 Sep 1999 22:54:06 -0700 John Lawless wrote:

Hello John,

>      As I understand it now, MX, if available, is always superior to A for
> mail routing.  This seem to make 'bydns' the best option, with bydns_mx a
> reasonable second choice.  Why would anyone ever choose bydns_a?

>      Just curious.

For instance for the following config.

Main domain is switch.ch, with an MX as well as a wildcard MX pointing
to my main MTA chx400.switch.ch.
There are several subdomains that are treated specially. One of them
is handling dial-up clients. Although MX for that subdomain is pointing
to chx400.switch.ch, I want to route mail to that host using bydns_a.
This would not be possible using bydns for the obvious loops.

Regards,

Bernard Stern, SWITCH

        mail: SWITCH Head Office       a          Tel: +41 1 268 1520
              Limmatquai 138           n          Fax: +41 1 268 1568
              CH-8001 Zurich           d        e-mail: stern@???