[Exim] Relaying and using smarthost

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Sendy
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Relaying and using smarthost
Hi

i'm new to this list, but I hope you can answer my question.

A friend of me, and myself have 2 machines 24/7 on the internet.
We both have one domain called Daniel.net respectively Sendy.org (fictuous names). server.sendy.org runs both nameserverzones.

We both have some pc's in a local network, of which our servers must smarthost for.

Mail destined for *@daniel.net and *@sendy.org go to server.daniel.net because of the MX records i provided. (server.sendy.org can not receive SMTP mail).

Mail for my machine (sendy.org) must now be delivered by uucp to server.sendy.org, while mail for daniel.net must be locally delivered on server.daniel.net.
This last thing is easy, because if 'local_domains' is set to daniel.net mail for *@daniel.net is marked as local. If 'relay_domains' is set to sendy.org mail for *@sendy.org is accepted and marked as remote.

The real problem is deciding where/how outbound mail from daniel.net must go...
Mail from localnet must be deliverd by smtp directly. Mail for *@sendy.org must be delivered by UUCP to server.sendy.org...

We can use a smarthost, now all outbound mail from server.daniel.net goes to server.sendy.org, but this is not what we want. daniel.net should send his own mail.

To make it even more difficult, mail for some accounts on sendy.org must stay at daniel.net (the mail for Daniel himself e.g.)

I've tried to understand how exim should be configured, but I can nowhere find how to do this.

Thanks in advance,
Sendy