Re: [Exim] qualify_domain is also a hostname

Author: Randy Bush
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [Exim] qualify_domain is also a hostname
>> o on the local host, roam.psg.com, i address mail to either
>>     - randy, or
>>     - foo@???
>>     - bar@???
> Where do you want the mail to randy to go? To the local host or to
> randy@????

the mail for randy<unqualified by ua> to the local user on the local host

the mail for foo@??? (including anything from the mta which says
randy@???, as there are two such accounts) sent to the host psg.com
to be delivered locally there to randy.

tge mail to foo@???, of course, should be sent to some.where.

> o All mail should come from randy@???.
> o Mail sent to "randy" on roam.psg.com should be delivered to
> randy@??? (i.e. locally) and not to randy@???.

yes. and on the host psg.com, mail should be delivered to the local randy
on that host.

> qualify_domain = psg.com
> qualify_recipient = roam.psg.com

this seems to pretty much do it. a bit annoying that it produces
To: randy@???

> Originally, Exim just had qualify_domain, which applied to both senders
> and recipients. The additional qualify_recipient was added at 0.35 after
> discussion with a user who was experimenting with Exim and having a
> problem with setting up his world as he wanted it. I seem to recall that
> user was you!

<blush> Altzheimers strikes again. Sorry.

randy