Re: [Exim] Canonicalizing Addresses

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Vadim Vygonets
Cc: Exim List
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Canonicalizing Addresses
On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Vadim Vygonets wrote:

> And when these domains do appear, you just have to hope that your
> users won't send mail there, or it will arrive to the xxx.ch
> subdomain of cam.ac.uk.

Oh, absolutely. We went round several circles arguing this recently, and
concluded that there was nothing we could do to improve matters. We
*don't* have a list of local domains - a global domain takes precedence.
Only if there is no global domain do we try for local abbreviations.

> And, of course, we had a user sending mail to something.md when
> he meant something.md.huji.ac.il when the domain something.md
> appeared...

As soon as we realized, we stopped issuing internal domains consisting
of only two letters, to minimize the risk. (The existing two letter ones
to back to the days before we were connected to the Internet.)