Re: [Exim] Working with Outlook 98

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: marc_lebeau
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Working with Outlook 98
On Tue, 14 Sep 1999 marc_lebeau@??? wrote:

> Outlook 98 seems to only display one entry of the 'From:' field.
>
> So, If I forward a received e-mail from one of my machines to the
> other, my own e-mail address appears in the 'From' line and is the only
> one listed by Outlook.

I don't understand the problem. Although From: lines may contain
multiple addresses, they very rarely do, and forwarding shouldn't change
them. Forwarding normally wraps the message inside another one -
"bouncing" doesn't do this, but often adds resent-from: and other
resent- headers which should be separately displayed.

However, if you have a From: line with multiple addresses, your MUA
should display all of it. Pine does. I suggest you either complain to
your MUA supplier or change your MUA.

> Does anyone know what kind of rewriting rule I should apply for this to
> work ?
> I tried this without success :
> $localpart@$local_domain*,* $2,$local_part@$local_domain$1 f

That won't work. The pattern must match *one* address. It applies to the
working part of addresses - not the whole line (which may contain
comments, "phrase"s and so on). Each individual address in a header line
is separately rewritten.