Re: [Exim] Exim panics on delivery attempt

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: John Holman
CC: exim-users, m.d.t.evans
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim panics on delivery attempt
On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, John Holman wrote:

> I've read the FAQ warning of possible problems with dbm library
> installation (e.g. mixups with gdbm include files). How can I check
> this out? Certainly /usr/include/ndbm.h is full of Sun comments and
> does not mention GNU - although at some time I think GDBM has
> been installed on the system as there is a gdbm.h file in
> /usr/local/include. What else should I look at?

You could check the output of "make" to see whether any incorrect
include or library files are being referenced.

A characteristic of gdbm is that it makes two file names (xxx.dir and
xxx.pag) but hard links them to the same file, wherease ndbm uses two
separate files.

You could try the test_dbfn program, which is documented in
doc/dbm.discuss.txt.

> Also, since the retry database seems to be corrupted in some way
> (other messages are now producing panic messages) is it safe to
> delete it?

It is always safe to delete the retry database, and indeed any of the
databases in the spool/db directory.