Re: [Exim] procmail hint

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Randy Bush
Cc: exim users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] procmail hint
On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Randy Bush wrote:

> neither. it is a suggestion for a doc change where the docs tell how to use
> with procmail.
>
> i presume folk do not want
>
>    From ph10@??? Tue Sep 14 02:08:24 1999
>    >From randy ...

> in their mailboxes (or s/randy/nobody/). the change i describe above
> accomplishes that.

Ah, sorry. I was getting confused thinking about from_hack. What you are
suggesting is adding return_path_add, I take it, and I presume that
procmail then doesn't put in that From line? Is that right?

Though I am not a procmail user, I seem to recall that this may have
something to do with the users that procmail trusts. I suspect you are
running it unprivileged, and so is isn't believing the "From " line it
gets in the message. The example in the manual does have

user = exim

and that probably refers to the case when procmail has been compiled to
trust the exim user. However, there is obviously no harm in including
return_path_add.

Any other procmail users like to comment?