Re: [Exim] new smail convert idiot questions

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Randy Bush
CC: exim users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] new smail convert idiot questions
On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Randy Bush wrote:

> nope. i am getting Sender: on mail originated by my mua, and did not with
> smail. e.g.

>     Sender: Randy Bush <randy@???>
>     From: Randy Bush <randy@???>
>     To: randy@???
>     Subject: test
>     Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 04:22:09 -0700

>     test

> and note that it is revealing my hostname, which is most annoying.

Aha! You should set

qualify_domain = psg.com

to override the default, which is your host name. This will stop it
revealing your host name, and as the sender and from addresses are now
the same, it will also not add a Sender header.

> also, it added the local hostname to the To: which was originally only
> "randy".

Yup. Exim insists on working with fully-qualified addresses only.
However, if you set qualify_domain as above, it will qualify with that.

> say my outbound mail gateway is gw.psg.com, and i send outbound mail either
> from it or from some internal host ih.psg.com. to the outside world, i do
> not want the hostnames visible (except in Received: and Message-Id: lines),
> only psg.com.

I think qualify_domain is the solution to all these problems.