Re: [Exim] new smail convert idiot questions

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Randy Bush
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] new smail convert idiot questions
>> how do i get exim
>> o not to add a Sender: header to locally originated mail
> You can't in general.

bummer.

> (1) You can get it to remove it again later, by putting
> headers_remove = Sender
> on all your transports.

i probably do not want to strip Sender: from mail received from other hosts.

> Unfortunately, owing to an oversight, headers_remove is not an expanded
> string in the released Exim. I've fixed that in the testing releases, so
> one could do some tests for local mail in the expansion (e.g. no value for
> $sender_host_address).

you have a taste for cruft. :-)

> (2) However, is your *real* question "how do I submit mail from UUCP
> without it adding Sender"?

nope. i am getting Sender: on mail originated by my mua, and did not with
smail. e.g.

    Sender: Randy Bush <randy@???>
    From: Randy Bush <randy@???>
    To: randy@???
    Subject: test
    Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 04:22:09 -0700

    test

and note that it is revealing my hostname, which is most annoying.

also, it added the local hostname to the To: which was originally only
"randy".

>> o to strip hostnames a la smail's visible_name
> I can't remember what visible_name was! This is either related to
> qualify_domain, or some kind of address rewriting rule.

say my outbound mail gateway is gw.psg.com, and i send outbound mail either
from it or from some internal host ih.psg.com. to the outside world, i do
not want the hostnames visible (except in Received: and Message-Id: lines),
only psg.com.

randy