Re: [Exim] log clutter

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Hugh Sasse
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: Randy Bush, exim users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] log clutter
On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Randy Bush wrote:
>
> > sorry to be a newbie pain. but how do i omit the queue run kipple from the
> > log and eximon? i mean
> >
> >     21:13:04 Start queue run: pid=13933

    [...]

> Any other opinions? If not, I'll make the change.

Only that it is good to have the warning of frozen messages
in the queue at the default level but it would be good if
these queue start/end messages appeared in that case so you
can see when they are being picked up. In Perlish psedocode (!)
to clarify(?) what I mean

if ($number_of_frozen_messages > 0)
{
&log_queue_run_start unless ($debug_level < $really_low);
&log_frozen messages;
{
else
{
&log_queue_run_start unless $debug_level < 4); # 4 or whatever.
}
#.....run the queue....
if ($number_of_frozen_messages > 0)
{
&log_queue_run_end unless ($debug_level < $really_low);
{
else
{
&log_queue_run_end unless $debug_level < 4); # 4 or whatever.
}

so it is clear that the messages in the log about frozen messages are
appearing every queue run. Otherwise someone may think it has gone into a
loop logging these frrozen messages.

> --
> Philip Hazel            University of Cambridge Computing Service,

    Hugh
    hgs@???