Re: [Exim] new smail convert idiot questions

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Randy Bush
CC: exim users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] new smail convert idiot questions
On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Randy Bush wrote:

> how do i get exim
>
> o not to add a Sender: header to locally originated mail

You can't in general.

(1) You can get it to remove it again later, by putting

headers_remove = Sender

on all your transports. However, this doesn't test for locally
originated mail. Unfortunately, owing to an oversight, headers_remove
is not an expanded string in the released Exim. I've fixed that in the
testing releases, so one could do some tests for local mail in the
expansion (e.g. no value for $sender_host_address).

(2) However, is your *real* question "how do I submit mail from UUCP
without it adding Sender"? If so, the answer is to set trusted_users to
the user under which the UUCP submission runs.

> o to strip hostnames a la smail's visible_name

I can't remember what visible_name was! This is either related to
qualify_domain, or some kind of address rewriting rule.