[Exim] Re: windows clients

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Ben Smithurst
Para: Kari Ruohonen
CC: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Re: windows clients
Kari Ruohonen wrote:

> I am setting up a mail service for a small LAN with 3 win95/98 clients
> and Linux server. LAN is hooked to internet via modem connection
> on the Linux box and mail is supposed to be collected from various
> pop-servers. I have been reading about exim and its documentation as
> well as other email docs for linux. I know that I need to use such
> program as Fetchmail, for example, to retrieve the mail ans pass
> to exim. However, I have not found any information concerning the
> delivery to the windows clients. Is exim capable of acting as POP or
> IMAP server to make the mail readable for windows MUAs like Outlook
> etc? Any other suggestions how this could be handled. I would prefer
> IMAP since people are changing between the workstations.

*sigh* Don't send HTML mail, and wrap your lines at <80 characters. If you
send mail in a format people can read easily, you're more likely to get an
answer.

The answer is "no", Exim cannot act as a POP server. You need separate
software for that, e.g. cucipop for POP3.

--
Ben Smithurst            | PGP: 0x99392F7D
ben@??? |   key available from keyservers and