Re: [Exim] eximon with ssh

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Frank Elsner
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] eximon with ssh
On Thu, 9 Sep 1999, Frank Elsner wrote:

> The forwarded X11 connection is dropped before the "eximon.bin" is using it,
> because "eximon" contains the statement
>                                         exec ${EXIMON_BINARY} $* &

> Removing the "&" solves the problem.
>
> BTW, Why "exec" and "&", what does this mean ?

The comment in the eximon script says

# Exec to the program we really want to run, thereby continuing in
# just the one process, and let it run in parallel with whatever
# called this script.

Without the & the eximon script does not return control until the
monitor is terminated. You then need to run

eximon &

every time. When I implemented it, I got tired of having to remember to
do this, which is why the & is there.