Re: [Exim] multiple email accounts for multiple virtual do…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Gyan Mathur
Cc: Jeremy C. Reed, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] multiple email accounts for multiple virtual domains
gyan@??? said:
> Good idea, Nigel! Can I also ask for IMAP servers to be added to that
> list as I am being leaned on to implement IMAP?

I'll try and get a "survey form" produced so that people can enter up
information on the pop/imap servers they use - that will at least serve
as a starting point. Information collected will be something along the
lines of:-

   Name of server product
   Software type (commercial, free etc)
   Software platforms (unix (varients), win etc)
   URL for download or additional information
   Protocols supported (imap4, other imap, pop3)
   Is it a sealed server (like cyrus) or work on existing spool
(uwimap, pop3d)
   Mail spools supported (mbox, mbx, maildir, mh etc)
   authentication (need to expand this - modular, pam, unix, other,
sasl)
   perceived as suitable for:-
    < 1K users
    < 100K users
    < 1M users
    > 1M users
   ease of admin ?
   logging?
   general comments

Is this overlapping too much with data at the IMAP connection
    http://www.imap.org/

also, in a mail not sent to the list G.E.Fowler@??? said:
> Do you think it might be an idea for us to set up a 'pop' list
> alongside the Exim one and publicise it on Freshmeat?

I can set up a list easily enough - and even do it under the exim
domain, although I don't really want to link it to exim closely... this
is only loosely coupled to MTAs. Are there any other lists that this
would be too close to in audience - if so lets use them. However this
would need to be both MTA and pop/imap server neutral - ie not just a
support list for product X.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]