[Exim] eximon with ssh

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Frank Elsner
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] eximon with ssh
I've encountered a strange problem when using "eximon" with "ssh":

frank: /home/frank<2> ssh exim@??? /opt/exim/bin/eximon
Waiting for forwarded connections to terminate...
The following connections are open:
X11 connection from mail.zrz.tu-berlin.de port 33182
frank: /home/frank<3>

The forwarded X11 connection is dropped before the "eximon.bin" is using it,
because "eximon" contains the statement
                                        exec ${EXIMON_BINARY} $* &

Removing the "&" solves the problem.

BTW, Why "exec" and "&", what does this mean ?

Frank Elsner  /                           c/o  Technische Universitaet Berlin |
 ____________/                                 ZRZ, Sekr. E-N 50              |

|                                              Einsteinufer 17                |

|Voice: +49 30 314 23897                       D-10587 Berlin                 |
|SMTP : Elsner@???                        Germany                |
|X400 : /S=Elsner/OU=zrz/P=TU-Berlin/A=d400/C=de/            _________________|