Re: [Exim] Message frozen but not frozen ?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Ian Jackson
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Message frozen but not frozen ?
On Wed, 8 Sep 1999, Ian Jackson wrote:

> I disagree - it's usually a good idea to write log records
> etc. first. Otherwise there's a risk that a message would be frozen
> but noone would be told, which would be bad.

Come to think of it, maybe that's why it is the way it is. I can't
remember - this is one of the oldest bits of Exim code. However, even
keeping the order, there is still room for improvement because at
present "Frozen" is logged when the address that caused it is processed
- but there may be other addresses to be processed before the header
file is actually updated.

> Possibly you want to suspend certain signals (HUP and TERM are
> traditional) at certain points. A really paranoid thing might be
> always to disable TERM inside things that should be `atomic'.

HUP is, I think, completely suspended except for the daemon process.
I'll have a look at whether suspending TERM might be helpful. Thanks.