Re: [Exim] Message frozen but not frozen ?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ian Jackson
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Message frozen but not frozen ?
Philip Hazel writes ("Re: [Exim] Message frozen but not frozen ?"):
> I suspect that this is a race. The log lines got written and the message
> to mailmaster generated, as indicated by this:

> Then, just as it was about to update the header file, it got chopped.
>
> OK, you are now going to tell me that I shouldn't output the log line
> "Frozen" or send the message until after the header file has been
> updated. Maybe I can improve the order in which things are done. I will
> take a look.

I disagree - it's usually a good idea to write log records
etc. first. Otherwise there's a risk that a message would be frozen
but noone would be told, which would be bad.

Possibly you want to suspend certain signals (HUP and TERM are
traditional) at certain points. A really paranoid thing might be
always to disable TERM inside things that should be `atomic'.

Ian.