Re: [Exim] Problem compiling version 3.03 on Solaris

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Ray Gardener
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Problem compiling version 3.03 on Solaris
On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Ray Gardener wrote:

>   -lsocket -lnsl -lkstat    -lresolv \

> symbol                             in file
> __dn_expand                         dns.o
> __res_search                        dns.o
> __inet_addr                         daemon.o
> __res_init                          dns.o
> __inet_ntoa                         host.o

inet_addr and inet_ntoa are standard things which, according to the man
page, should be available via -lnsl, which I see you have.

The rest are all part of the resolver library, which should be available
via -lresolv, which I see you also have.

I don't know if there is an official way of checking which functions are
available in a library (ar -t just shows the files) but just to be
absolutely sure you could try commands like

strings /usr/lib/libnsl.a | grep inet_addr

which does find the string when I tried it.