Re: [Exim] Relaying and POP server ...

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Georges Arnould
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Relaying and POP server ...
On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Georges Arnould wrote:

> Here is my question again :-))
>
> I'd like to allow my POP clients to send mails through exim.
>
> Is there a way to do it ?
>
> I suppose the way to do it is to log the user login (and IP adress) in a log
> file, and then ask exim to check this IP before allowing or denying the
> relay (with a timeout) ...
>
> Any way to do it ? Any existing tools ?

1. From the FAQ:

Q0806: How can I get POP-auth-before-relay support in Exim?

A0806: See http://cc.ysu.edu/~doug/exim-pop.tar.Z which has some scripts for
       this, courtesy of Doug S <doug@???>.

2. If your POP clients support the SMTP AUTH extension, you can
experiment with the current testing version of Exim, which supports
AUTH. Get it from

ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/Testing/exim-3.032.tar.gz

Look in doc/NewStuff for the preliminary documentation.