[Exim] Re: Why does my configuration file allow this relayin…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Ben Smithurst
CC: Stanier A M, exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Re: Why does my configuration file allow this relaying?
On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, Ben Smithurst wrote:

> Philip Hazel wrote:
>
> > You haven't turned on the "percent hack" on seralph10, have you?
>
> I was under the impression that had no effect on relaying rules. Has
> this changed? Checking with exim -bh with a remote IP, it seems to treat
> luser%aol.com@??? and luser@??? in the same way for
> me (Exim 3.032), when received from a remote host. Did I miss something?

True. When the percent hack is on, the addresses within it should be
checked for relaying. However, this is only the case if the domain is a
local one in the Exim sense. If several machines are involved, things
could be trickier. However, the log lines and message quoted looked like
the percent hack was involved, so that's why I asked that question.