[Exim] Silly, but annoying puzzlement!

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: David Andrew Harrigan
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Silly, but annoying puzzlement!
Hello,

This is a simple question. I've read the FAQ and
Spec guide about include files in aliases (trying
to build a list without using majordomo) - anyway,
it's quite simple...

I know that a # in the front of the line means a
comment, but for my reasons, I also need to put
a comment after an email address, the spec says
to use &&s - what does that mean? Does it mean
one & or &&&&&& or &&s - I've tried a few combo's
but nothing is working! Here's an example:-

in /etc/aliases file:

foo@???: :include:/home/foo/list.lst

in /home/foo/list.lst

#
# My list file
#
mrnobody@???     && John Doe

or I've tried

mrnobody@???        & John Doe

or

mrnobody@???        &&s John Doe

However, exim reports in mainlog:-

foo@??? - error in alias file /etc/aliases:
missing or malformed local part (expected word or
"<") in "&&s John Doe"

Please help - it's really starting to bug me! What's
the correct format for a comment please! Note, it
must come after the email (a new line is not good). It's
for a perl program I'm writing....

Thank you all very much!

David Harrigan
Applications Support