Re: [Exim] contrib: testing relaying without learning SMTP

Author: Exim Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Exim] contrib: testing relaying without learning SMTP
[ On Friday, August 27, 1999 at 22:11:12 (+0100), Philip Blundell wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [Exim] contrib: testing relaying without learning SMTP
>
> >> However, Philip tells me not everyone has nslookup.
> >
> >If a system will run Exim and has any kind of version of BIND then I
> >doubt that very much actually.
>
> Not everyone has BIND installed by any means, though (and it's not needed to
> run Exim). So I think it's fair to say not everyone has nslookup.

Regardless, if there's some kind of version of BIND installed then
nslookup will almost certainly be there too since it's been part of the
BIND distribution for a long time.

However isn't this thread about SMTP? SMTP requires DNS and as such the
machine running Exim doing SMTP and using DNS will likely have nslookup
available on it. If you're not using SMTP then you won't likely need
DNS, and even though you might not have nslookup, that shouldn't matter
because you won't need it either! ;-)

--
                            Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods@???>      <robohack!woods>