[Exim] Re: Partial searches and NISPLUS

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: jhenders
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Re: Partial searches and NISPLUS
Oops forgot to remove my spam filter address from the last attempt at
sending.

I've got around the lack of a partial search of nisplus by using 2
seperate alias directors like this.

virtual_aliases:
driver = aliasfile
include_domain
search_type = nisplus
query = [alias=${local_part}@${domain}],mail_aliases.org_dir:expansion

virtual_aliases_catchalls:
driver = aliasfile
include_domain
search_type = nisplus
query = [alias=@${domain}],mail_aliases.org_dir:expansion

As trying to use one with the queries line didn't work for me.

queries =\
[alias=${local_part}@${domain}],mail_aliases.org_dir\:expansion:\
[alias=@${domain}],mail_aliases.org_dir\:expansion

However. Now I have a new problem. If there is no catchall address for
the virtual domain, then exim will fall through to a password file
lookup or plain text alias file lookup and if the misaddressed mail
matches a local user id then the mail will be delivered to it. Sendmail
did this as well, so the nisplus system had a catchall for every domain
that didn't have an email address of.

@somedomain.com        error:nouser User Unknown

Appearanly sendmail knew how to parse this and bounce the message, but
exim just treats it as a malformed query return and freezes it,
returning this error.

error in alias lookup: missing or malformed local part
(expected word or "<") in "error:nouser User Unknown"

Any ideas how I could make exim deal with this the way I need it to?

--
  Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.