RE: [Exim] Bouncing large unzipped attachments

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Ray Bellis
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Betreff: RE: [Exim] Bouncing large unzipped attachments
> rpb@??? said:
> > One of our customers using Exim wants to encourage their users to make
> > sensible use of network bandwidth by requiring them to compress any
> > attachment above 1 MB.
>
> In general I would say its dangerous to tamper with the content in this
> way. Far better to bounce the message and make the originator fix the
> problem.

That's exactly what I intended.

I don't want to modify the message, just bounce it and tell the user to
compress their attachment before resending.

regards,

Ray.

--
Ray Bellis, MA(Oxon) - Technical Director - community internet plc

Windsor House, 12 High Street, Kidlington, Oxford, OX5 2PJ
tel:  +44 1865 856000   email: ray.bellis@???
fax:  +44 1865 856001     web: http://www.community.net.uk/