Re: [Exim] Bouncing large unzipped attachments

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
Para: Ray Bellis
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Bouncing large unzipped attachments
rpb@??? said:
> One of our customers using Exim wants to encourage their users to make
> sensible use of network bandwidth by requiring them to compress any
> attachment above 1 MB.

In general I would say its dangerous to tamper with the content in this
way. Far better to bounce the message and make the originator fix the
problem.

> I believed I would be able to do this with a system filter which
> spawns an external Perl program as a pipe. The Perl program would use
> the MIME::Tools library to read the message, and return an error
> message and non-zero status code on failure.

You cannot play with the message content in a system filter - it should
be done as a transport filter.

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]