[Exim] End of my rope...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: big boy
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] End of my rope...

Hi,

After almost 5 weeks of fiddling around with configurations for both Exim & Fetchmail, I still cannot get these two programs to cooperate with one another. Although Exim sends mail both internally and externally, it will not accept the handoff from Fetchmail to complete the process of downloading mail from my ISP's user mailbox.
After attempting every possible command I can come up with -- even those that seem totally ridiculous -- I still cannot find one suitable to force it to grab the mail and complete the delivery.
This is the error message returned by Fetchmail...

local_host:~# fetchmail
fetchmail: 1 message for "user" at "pop.my.isp.com" (812 octets)
fetchmail: reading message 1 of 1(812 octets) (log message incomplete)
fetchmail: MDA exited abnormally or returned nonzero status
fetchmail: not flushed
local_host:~# mail
No mail for root

This is my '.fetchmailrc'...

# Configuration created Thu Aug 12 01:12:03 1999 by fetchmailconf
set logfile "/root/fetchm.log"
set postmaster "postmaster"
poll GATEWAY via "pop.my.isp.com"
 with proto POP3 timeout 120 and options no dns
       user "myGATEWAYusername" there with password "<password>" is root here options fetchall no rewrite stripcr warnings 3600
 mda "'exim'"

The 'mda' configuration here seems to be the problem. 'fetchmailconf' puts that there within the double"" by default. Still, after trying every means of calling Exim that I know, and then some, I am still at a loss as to why the program refuses to perform as it should.
I am ready to give up. Is there something I am missing????
bb.