Re: [Exim] blocking a user temporarily

Author: Jeffrey Goldberg
To: exim-users
CC: Jim Pazarena
Subject: Re: [Exim] blocking a user temporarily
On Mon, 23 Aug 1999, Peter Radcliffe wrote:

> Jim Pazarena <exim@???> probably said:
> > Is there a way to _temporarily_ reject a given user name without
> > removing it from my passwd file?

> Look at the 'local_parts =' option and add it (I'd suggest doing a file
> lookup) on all the directors that can deliver mail

Another way to go would be to set up an aliases file for special cases and
place the director for that early using the aliasfile driver. Since it is
a short list for temporary special cases, just make it an lsearch.

Then, in the file do something like this in the alias file

user-foo: :fail: This email address is temporarily out of order

I use this mechanism with :defer: when I need to fiddle with a mailbox by
hand.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814