[Exim] Re: Exim & Fetchmail

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ben Smithurst
A: big boy
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Re: Exim & Fetchmail
big boy wrote:

> mda "'exim'"

The `mda' option to fetchmail specifies the *complete* command to send
messages to. Running `exim' like that, without any arguments, isn't
valid. I suspect the double level of quoting doesn't help anyone,
either. This is assuming nothing has changed since I last used it. Have
you tried something like

mda "/path/to/exim -oem -oi brian"

using the appropriate path and replacing `brian' with your real username
on your local machine? Another one, which the fetchmail manpage suggests,
is:

mda "/usr/sbin/sendmail -oem -f %F %T"

where %F is the sender and %T is the recipient. Personally I don't trust
this. There is no standard way, to the best of my knowledge, to get the
*real* envelope sender and recipient from a message received using POP3.
I'm just glad my ISP delivers mail using SMTP.

--
Ben Smithurst            | PGP: 0x99392F7D
ben@??? |   key available from keyservers and