[Exim] "Steal" (was "Redirect") mail delivery

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Leonardo Boselli
To: Christian Dysthe
CC: exim-users
Alte Treads: [Exim] "Redirect" mail delivery
Betreff: [Exim] "Steal" (was "Redirect") mail delivery
It is possible: you should set the other domain as a local one, then
in exim.conf set a conditional delivery: if the user is that one deliver
locally, else deliver to the machine that is next in the mx list using
its name.
Of course this does not give any warrant that he/she receive all
mail since under normal ciscumstances the main MX would receive
all mail.
I suppose you want to do that to be able to recover the mail for a
particular user.
If this is the case, and you "own" both servers a better way would
be to have a daemon that periodically looks into the queue and
copy to a local account all main to be delivered to that user.