Re: [Exim] The effect of defered messages in q runs

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Sean Witham
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] The effect of defered messages in q runs
On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, Sean Witham wrote:

> If there is a single email message in a queue and the mesaage has been
> defered and is yet to reach its retry time will exim perform a DNS
> query duing the queue run ?

This is one of those simple-sounding questions that unfortunately does
not have a simple answer. Firstly, I presume you mean a single message
with a single undelivered recipient.

It depends on what caused the defer. If it was a DNS lookup failer -
i.e. a routing defer - then it won't do the routing, and so won't do a
DNS lookup. However, if the defer was because there was a host problem,
then it will do a DNS lookup (to find the host) and then it will notice
that that host is still deferred.